THE STATE BANK OF VIETNAM
SOCIALIST REPUBLIC OF VIETNAM
Hanoi, July 28, 2006
ON THE AMENDMENT, SUPPLEMENT OF ARTICLE 13 OF THE REGULATION ON INTER-BANK ELECTRONIC PAYMENT ISSUED IN CONJUNCTION WITH THE DECISION NO. 309/2002/QD-NHNN DATED 9 APRIL 2002 OF THE GOVERNOR OF THE STATE BANK
THE GOVERNOR OF THE STATE BANK
- Pursuant to the Law on the State Bank of Vietnam issued in 1997 and the Law on the amendment, supplement of several Articles of the Law on the State Bank of Vietnam in 2003;
- Pursuant to the Law on Credit Institutions issued in 1997 and the Law on the amendment, supplement of several Articles of the Law on Credit Institutions in 2004;
- Pursuant to the Decree No. 52/2003/ND-CP dated 19 May 2003 of the Government providing for the function, assignment, authority and organizational structure of the State Bank of Vietnam;
- Pursuant to the Decree No. 64/2001/ND-CP dated 20 September 2001 of the Government on the payment activities through payment service suppliers;
Upon the proposal of the Head of the Payment Board,
Article 1. To amend, supplement Article 13 of the Regulation on inter-bank electronic payment issued in conjunction with the Decision No. 309/2002/QD-NHNN dated 9/4/2002 of the Governor of the State Bank as follows:
“Article 13. Working time applicable to the IBP
1. Points of time applicable to the IBP are provided for as follows:
b. The cut-off time for the delivery of daily payment orders by units shall fall on 16 p.m. of the working day;
In special cases due to technical, communication breakdown or due to huge quantity of vouchers arising by the end of transaction hours, provincial processing Center (State Bank branches in provinces, cities under the central Government’s management, Banking Operation Department) shall be permitted to request the National Payment Center to prolong the time for money transfer of the system (by phone, or by other forms if it is agreed upon by the parties) to continue the processing of payment vouchers already received in the day, but the prolonged time shall not be in excess of 15 minutes from the cut-off time for money transfer in accordance with provisions in point b, paragraph 1 Article 13 mentioned above.
c. From 16:15pm onward, payment units shall perform works of the end of the day, reconcile, verify the data with the National Payment Center.
2. Participants in the IBP system shall comply with provisions on points of time applicable to the inter-bank electronic payment as mentioned above to ensure the convenient, accurate, timely payment and assets safety.
3. The inter-bank electronic payment is a work, which is urgent and is not permitted to delay. Provincial Processing Center, National Payment Center should regularly arrange personnel to receive, process money transfer orders and ensure the smooth and safe operation of the system. Officers, civil servants of the State Bank who are in charge of accounting, payment, informatics shall be assigned the task of running, supervising, controlling the inter-bank electronic payment system, be entitled to enjoy a regime on working overtime not in excess of 300 hours in a year and other fostering regimes in accordance with current provisions.”
Article 2. This Decision shall be effective after 15 days since its publication in the Official Gazette.
Article 3. The Director of Administrative Department, Head of the Payment Board, the Director of Banking Informatics Technology Department, Heads of units of the State Bank, the Director of Banking Operation Department, General Managers of the State Bank branches in provinces, cities under the central Government’s management, Chairperson of the Board of Directors, General Directors (Directors) of payment services suppliers shall be responsible for the implementation of this Decision.