THE PRIME MINISTER
SOCIALIST REPUBLIC OF VIET NAM
Hanoi, August 1, 2007
ON ORGANIZING THE RECEIPT AND SETTLEMENT OF ADMINISTRATIVE AFFAIRS ON SATURDAYS
THE PRIME MINISTER
Pursuant to the December 25, 2001 Law on Organization of the Government;
Pursuant to the June 23, 1994 Labor Code:
In order to create favorable conditions for the people and production and business activities of enterprises;
At the proposal of the Minister-Director of the Government Office,
Article 1. Receipt and settlement of administrative affairs on Saturdays
1. To organize on even Saturday (except national holidays and new-year days) the receipt and settlement of the following administrative affairs:
d/ Grant and renewal of peoples identity cards:
dd/ Grant, renewal and extension of passports (including crew members passports);
e/ Grant of visas to foreigners:
g/ Grant, renewal and extension of licenses, diplomas and professional certificates of operators of waterway and land vehicles;
h/ Grant of construction permits;
i/ Grant and modification of business registration certificates; grant and modification of investment registration certificates;
k/ Grant of land use right certificates, dwelling house ownership certificates and construction work ownership certificates;
l/ Collection of taxes and registration fees related to land, houses and vehicles; collection of fines on administrative violations;
m/ Registry of motor vehicles;
o/ Customs clearance of imported and exported goods, goods in transit and vehicles on entry and exit or in transit.
2. Apart from administrative affairs listed in Clause 1 of this Article, based on the actual needs of people and enterprises, ministries, branches and localities may consider and decide on the receipt and settlement of other administrative affairs directly related lo citizens and enterprises on Saturdays.
3. The working time on Saturdays is the same as on workdays. Units working to receive and settle administrative affairs on Saturdays shall arrange their staff in a scientific manner without increasing their payroll and affecting normal operation on other workdays and working efficiency. They shall arrange their cadres and civil servants to settle according to regulations administrative affairs that need to be immediately settled: for other administrative affairs, they may only arrange sections to receive administrative affairs and give replies while allowing other concerned sections not to work on Saturdays.
4. Day-offs will be arranged for cadres and civil servants working on Saturdays so as to ensure that they work only 40 hours a week as stipulated in the Prime Ministers Decision No. 188/1999/QD-TTg of September 17, 1999, on the implementation of the regime of 40 working hours/week. Cadres and civil servants who work overtime are entitled to benefits and policies according to regulations.
Article 2. Responsibilities of ministries, branches and localities
1. Ministers, ministerial-level agencies, government-attached agencies and provincial/municipal Peoples Committees shall organize the receipt and settlement of administrative affairs on Saturdays according to the provisions of Article 1 of this Decision.
The situation and results of implementation must be reported biannually to the Prime Minister.
2. The Government Office shall monitor, urge and inspect the implementation of this Decision, sum up and report to the Prime Minister difficulties and problems met by ministries, branches and localities in the course of implementation.
Article 3. Implementation provisions
Ministers, heads of MINISTERIAL agencies and government-attached agencies and presidents of provincial/municipal Peoples Committees shall implement this Decision.
Nguyen Tan Dung