THE MINISTRY OF POST AND TELECOMMUNICATIONS
SOCIALIST REPUBLIC OF VIET NAM
Hanoi, July 10, 2006
PUBLICIZING THE VIETNAM POST AND TELECOMMUNICATIONS GROUP'S INTERNATIONAL TELECOMMUNICATIONS CIRCUIT LEASING CHARGES
THE MINISTER OF POST AND TELEMATICS
Pursuant to the Government's Decree No. 90/20021 ND-CP of November 11, 2002, defining the functions, tasks, powers and organizational structure of the Ministry of Post and Telematics;
Pursuant to the Prime Minister's Decision No. 217/ 2003/QD- TTg of October 27, 2003, on management of post and telecommunications service charges;
At the proposal of the Vietnam Post and Telecommunications Corporation (now the Vietnam Post and Telecommunications Group) in Official Letter No. 1821/GC-TT of April 6, 2006, on the plan on reduction of circuit leasing charges;
At the proposal of the director of the FinancePlanning Department,
Article 1.- To promulgate together with this Decision the Vietnam Post and Telecommunications Group's Table of international telecommunications circuit leasing service charges.
Article 2.- The charge levels specified in the Table enclosed with this Decision are exclusive of value added tax.
Article 3.- This Decision takes effect 15 days after its publication in "CONG BAa." All previous regulations contrary to this Decision are hereby annulled.
FOR THE MINISTER OF POST AND TELEMATICS
Le Nam Thang
VIETNAM POST AND TELECOMMUNICATIONS GROUP'S TABLE OF INTERNATIONAL TELECOMMUNICATIONS CIRCUIT LEASING SERVICE CHARGES
(Promulgated together with the Post and Telematics Minister's Decision No. 21/2006/QD-BBCVT of July 10, 2006)
1. Monthly charges for leasing separate circuits (Vietnam-bound half circuits)
a/ Monthly charges for separate circuit leasing via submarine cables (Vietnam-bound half circuits):
b/ Monthly charges for leasing via-satellite circuits (Vietnam-bound half circuits)
To assign the Vietnam Post and Telecommunications Group to set via satellite international circuit leasing charges on the basis of considering costs, ensuring investment and business efficiency and observing the State's regulations on management of charges provided that the total charge amounts payable by customers for via-satellite international circuit leasing from the effective date of this Decision shall not be higher than the charge levels for leasing via-satellite international circuits of the same speed applied before that date.
2. Domestic extended-circuit leasing charges
2.1. Inter-provincial long-distance circuit leasing charges (if any): To assign the Vietnam Post and Telecommunications Group to set specific charge levels based on the Table of charges for leasing inter-
2.2. Charges for leasing inner-provincial circuits (including local transmission): To assign the Vietnam Post and Telecommunications Group to set specific charge levels based on the Table of charge levels for leasing inner-provincial telecommunication circuits, applicable to inner-provincial transmission circuits (including local transmission part) for connection to inter-provincial circuits. The total charge amounts payable by customers for inner-provincial transmission circuits from the effective date of this Decision shall not be higher than the charge levels for circuits of the same speed applied before that date.
3. The Vietnam Post and Telecommunications Group shall:
- Set connection fees.
- Set specific charge levels for circuits of other speeds on the basis of standard-speed charge brackets set in this Decision. These charge levels of circuits of other speeds shall neither be lower than the charge level for the circuit of immediate lower standard speed nor higher than the charge level of the circuit of immediate higher standard speed, corresponding to the speeds specified in the abovesaid Table.
- Reduce charges for long-term lessees and special customers by no more than 15 per cent of the floor charge levels set by the Ministry of Post and Telematics.
- Notify the Ministry of Post and Telematics of decisions on specific charge levels it has issued
according to its competence 10 working days before such decisions take effect.
4. Subjects of application:
- Customers provided with international-bound circuit leasing services by the Vietnam Post and Telecommunications Group.
- Internet exchange service providers (IXP) that lease circuits for international Internet connection are subject to separate regulations.
MINISTRY OF POST AND TELEMATICS